Friday, January 27, 2012

It is Getting Deep in Here!

‎"God’s voice speaking tenderly to our hearts today is the same voice that powerfully called creation into being." AW Tozer


I saw this quote this morning and I had to re-read it several times.  Then I read it again.  


I think sometimes as we get caught up in our daily routines, God becomes a bit of an after thought.  We love him, sure, but we are not fully aware of who He is.  I prayed this morning on my way to work.  I have had him on my mind throughout this morning, but the depth of who he is has not crossed my mind.  I have seen miracles in my life and in my family already this year.  We have been blessed and we are grateful. Even still, this great God that we serve is far beyond our comprehension.


We read in Genesis the story of creation and I believe we become numb to the reality of what actually happened in that time frame.  We are introduced to the story as children and by the time we are adults it becomes just another story.  


The same God that spoke everything we see is the same God that speaks peace into your life when you are in trouble.  He is the same God that speaks words of encouragement to you when you fail.  He is the same God that breathed new life into you when you were laying at an altar lost with no hope.  He is the same God that has met your needs, given you deliverance and set you free from the bondage of sin!  From  the "BIG" things to the "small" things, he is still the same God!


The verse that comes to my mind is Romans 8:39: "No power in the sky above or in the earth below--indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (NLT)


He loves us and wants to speak to us.  No power can separate you from hearing the voice of God.  Seek his face and listen as he speaks to you.  It is the same voice that spoke to the men and women all through our Bible.  It is an honor that he would speak to me.  I know that from this day forward I will never take for granted hearing the voice of the God that was, is, and always will be!  

No comments:

Post a Comment